Soooo… I tried the new set of QoR mini watercolor pans again tonight. I did the same exercise, same paints, just used arches cold press watercolor block instead of the cheap paper I was using the other night. (And I made a pattern for the butterfly shape)
What I found was the color shift upon drying was much less noticeable, and the final result was much better. I’m going to try the same thing with daniel smith and schmincke I think.
I really do love the way these QoR paints move.
You can see the full review (part one)HERE.
You can see tonight’s attempt on the better paper yielded much nicer results: