Day 14, 30×30 direct watercolor challenge: hydrangeas

I started with the leaves first… I’m not sure why…

IMG_1498

and added the blossoms afterwards, but wasn’t thrilled with the results. (I even lightened the leaves some and added a bit of texture, after these photos were taken. Which helped a bit but didn’t solve the problem.)

So I tried the blossoms first, then the leaves, and did several layers. And added texture to both leaves and blossoms this time.

IMG_1504

Better, anyway. But lifeless. I’ll keep practicing 🙂 I can see where more varied colors would help, and leaving more white.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s